Here are a few things that have made me realize I am getting older:
– Falling asleep with your reading glasses on.
– Getting a bill that is lower than expected and you do a little happy dance, but then have to stop that dance being you have bad knees.
– Being excited you slept past 7 on the weekends.
– Going to bed before 9 not because your sick but you are just tired.
– Loving DVR because you don’t have to struggle to stay awake to watch shows that are on late at night.
– Making statements like: ‘Kids now a days have it so easy’, ‘When I was that age I didn’t act that way’, or you see a young man with his pants hanging around his knees and yell ‘pull your damn pants up’ and he does it and says sorry ma’am.
– You have learned to enjoy silence and would prefer more people would too, preferably the small minded fools who seem to yell loudest.
– You worry about your parents all the time and realize a small amount of what they must have felt when you were a kid.
– Getting frustrated with technology and wish your favorite XP operating system was still in use.
– Realizing that as a kid whatever age you are now seemed super old yet now that you are that age you still feel very young at heart.
– Learning that not everything is worth getting upset about, this world is full with a lot of bad things (events, people, etc.), but its the little things that make your life better, a smile on your nieces face, and silly text from your nephew, getting pictures of your parents loving retirement.
– Getting older but knowing you are truly happier than you have ever been. Things may not be perfect but considering what other go through life is good.