Here are a few things that have made me realize I am getting older:
– Falling asleep with your reading glasses on.
– Getting a bill that is lower than expected and you do a little happy dance, but then have to stop that dance being you have bad knees.
– Being excited you slept past 7 on the weekends.
– Going to bed before 9 not because your sick but you are just tired.
– Loving DVR because you don’t have to struggle to stay awake to watch shows that are on late at night.
– Making statements like: ‘Kids now a days have it so easy’, ‘When I was that age I didn’t act that way’, or you see a young man with his pants hanging around his knees and yell ‘pull your damn pants up’ and he does it and says sorry ma’am.
– You have learned to enjoy silence and would prefer more people would too, preferably the small minded fools who seem to yell loudest.
– You worry about your parents all the time and realize a small amount of what they must have felt when you were a kid.
– Getting frustrated with technology and wish your favorite XP operating system was still in use.
– Realizing that as a kid whatever age you are now seemed super old yet now that you are that age you still feel very young at heart.
– Learning that not everything is worth getting upset about, this world is full with a lot of bad things (events, people, etc.), but its the little things that make your life better, a smile on your nieces face, and silly text from your nephew, getting pictures of your parents loving retirement.
– Getting older but knowing you are truly happier than you have ever been. Things may not be perfect but considering what other go through life is good.
Welcome to old age.